Rawalians’ Research Forum on GI & Liver Diseases
is a research organization which works on non-profit basis. It was formed by a team of medical students under patronage of faculty members of Rawalpindi Medical College on February 29, 2000. Presently its office is in the Department of Medicine, Holy Family Hospital, Rawalpindi, Pakistan and it is running all its activities in this department with the cooperation of the Department.
Department of Medicine at Holy Family Hospital consists of two medical units, a Coronary Care Unit (CCU), an Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Accident & Emergency (A&E) Department and Outpatient. The department has 132 beds in total; each medical unit has 54 beds, CCU unit has 12 beds, and ICU has 12 beds. There are also 26 shared beds in A & E department and 24 shared beds in private block.
Mission of the department is 'Service' for ailing humanity by the well trained doctors using evidence based approach 'Education & Training' for undergraduate and postgraduate medical students, and 'Research'to enhance the medical knowledge and to document the pattern of disease in local perspective.
Aims and Objectives of Rawalians’ Research Forum
- To support and advocate research in Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
- To promote health education in members of medical profession and public in the field of Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
- To exchange scientific knowledge between members, Gastroenterologists and Hepatologists nationally and internationally.
- To put effort to complete Hepatitis –B vaccination in EPI of Pakistan and to vaccinate high risk groups.
- To Formulate and design national guidelines for treatment of diseases of Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
- To introduce Telemedicine in the field of Gastroenterology and Hepatology