The specialty clinic for GI and Liver diseases was established in late 1998 with aim to highlight the high burden of GI and Liver diseases and to treat them in our locality.
In the beginning GI and Liver clinic started as outpatient care. Now the clinic has established as:
- General clinic for GI and Liver disease (on Friday)
- Liver research clinic (on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday)
Following programs are running in liver research clinic.
The clinical data of the patients coming in GI and Liver Clinic is maintained in both hard copy and software form after informed consent of patients. This data is used for the ongoing research projects of Rawalians Research Forum and is published annually in the annual report of Department of Medicine Holy Family, Hospital.
- National Program for Prevention and Control of Hepatitis
- Pakistan Bait-ul-Mal program for treatment of Chronic Hepatitis
- Liver transplant Advisory clinic
- HCC clinic
- Clinic for management of Decompensated Chronic liver disease